Home Health in Tama County
"No person shall be excluded from participation, be denied benefits, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination on the grounds of race, creed, color, religion, political affiliation, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, testing positive for human immune-deficiency virus, or sexual orientation."
If you have any reason to believe that you have been discriminated against for any of the above reasons, you may write to:
Sherry Parks, P.A., Chairman
Tama County Board of Health
129 West High Street
Toledo, IA 52342
Services for Tama County Residents
Our home health agency will contact you to determine if home care services are appropriate. They will do an assessment on your mental health, physical condition, medication use, current support systems and home environment. Working closely with your physician your care plan is based on your individual needs. How frequently services are provided in your home are dependent on your individual needs and prescribed by your primary care physician. This helps to determine if you are able to remain in your home safely and independently while determining any risks that could impact your health and safety.
What things should I consider when picking the right home health agency?
- Medicare/Medicaid certified
- Other specific services that I need
- Meets my special language or cultural preferences
- Offers the personal care needed, i.e.: assistance with bathing, dressing
- Offers support, such as meal preparation, vacuuming or going to the grocery store
- Can provide the services my doctor ordered and when I need them
- Is recommended by family, friends, physician
- Staff is available after regular business hours, including the weekend
- Have they explained what insurance will cover and why I must pay out-of-pocket?
Referrals can be made by hospitals, families, clients and agencies.
In-person interpreters or language line available.
Skilled Nursing Services
Licensed Therapists and Assistants
Certified Homemaker-Home Health Aides
Who Pays for Home Care? Funding Sources
Quality Service Rating
Patients are surveyed regarding the care that they receive and are tallied by a third party vendor. The results of these surveys show that Tama County Public Health & Home Care is a 4.0 Star Rating per CMS Quality Rating and a 5.0 Star Rating for Patient Survey Rating.